Pages

Sunday, January 12, 2014

DIY Clothes Storage Scent

Hello again! Today's post is about a very simple DIY that has a dual use, and for me, those are the best kind of DIYs! My wooden dresser drawer is pretty old and it has a distinctive scent, not bad, but not as fresh and clean as I would like it to be. I used to purchase air freshener/scent products that I could place inside the drawers. This way, my clothes would have a pleasant smell. However, as with many frivolous things like this, it became an unnecessary cost every now and then. Since then, I switched to a very simple and practical DIY dresser scent, a bar of soap!

There are two kinds of people: body wash people and bar soap people. I always fall under the latter, I'm a bar soap gal. I usually purchase bar soap in bulk or at least in a package of 6 boxes. I tend to purchase Dove Sensitive Skin Beauty Bar or Irish Spring Bar Soap. Since I only need one in the shower, I save the rest for an interim purpose. I put one packaged bar soap in each dresser drawer. I have found that, unlike a drugstore air freshener, the bar soap offers a subtle and clean scent. Now, my clothes match that "after shower" clean scent, what could be better?


Supplies:
Bar of soap, preferably in a paper box




Steps:

Place a bar of packaged soap in any dresser drawer.



I would recommend this method for any dresser drawer. It is also a convenient way to store extra soap instead of cluttering your bathroom space. This will also work well in a closet, linen closet, suitcase or any place that you might store clothes! And you don't need to worry about the scent running out!

- Urban DIYs