Pages

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DIY Eye Makeup Remover

When I entered college I noticed that many of my friends wore makeup to class...the dining hall...and even just to come over to my room. I figured this was a natural part of growing up so I jumped on the bandwagon and started to wear makeup. I did not enjoy wearing it, I felt like I was obligated to and I absolutely loathed taking it off at the end of the day. My last year's New Year's Resolution was to wear less-to-no makeup. I am proud to say that after a year, the majority of days I do not wear a single makeup product, and if I do, it is a little eye-liner.

But I still need to take off that eyeliner at the end of the day...so today I bring to you a DIY eye makeup remover that you probably already have in your home...olive oil! Olive oil is a great eye makeup remover for several reasons...


  1. It is oil based, not water based, so it will remove waterproof product easily.
  2. It is a multi-purpose DIY as I already purchase olive oil for cooking. 
  3. I do not spend anything extra (goodbye, $6.00 makeup remover wipes).
  4. The only ingredient is extra virgin olive oil versus the ridiculous amount of chemicals in my old makeup remover.
  5. It is gentle.
  6. It is quick.
  7. You only need a small amount.
  8. If you are visiting someone, and do not want to travel with it, they most likely have it in their kitchen.




I was initially afraid to put oil anywhere near my face, but after trying it a few times I was hooked! I either put a little oil on my fingers and rub it over my eye area or I put it on a cotton round and do the same. The cotton round gives you more control and the dry portion of the cotton round will soak up any excess oil.

If you're skeptical, try it on the back of your hand first. Swatch a dark eyeliner and after some time follow up with a little olive oil and the mark will disappear! Just like my DIY shave gel, this is also a great transitional DIY since you most likely do not need to purchase anything to try this. Next time you have to remove some eye makeup, test out your olive oil!

- Urban DIYs


No comments:

Post a Comment